Following the recent release of the FFXV demo, Square Enix says it doesn’t have time for a major E3 showcase. Key new details on Final Fantasy XV will not be revealed at this year’s E3 event in June, according to the game’s director Hajime Tabata.Speak…
Developer Avalanche Studios has aired the world’s first look at Just Cause 3 gameplay, with a video montage said to be captured directly from a console.The video showcases the extent of Just Cause 3’s potential for unrelenting destruction, with helicop…
Following a second day of disquieting rumors concerning the Silent Hills project, on Monday, publisher Konami confirmed that it has terminated plans to develop the game.Although Konami initially declined to comment on the matter when contacted early on…
The latest trailer for Batman: Arkham Knight has emerged online, ahead of the game’s release date on June 23, revealing a new gameplay feature.
As well as showcasing some of Gotham’s most notorious villains, such as Two-Face and Scarecrow, the video also reveals two Batman sidekicks for the first time. Both Nightwing, Robin, and Catwoman can be seen fighting alongside the Dark Knight, at times performing tag-team manoeuvres.
Publisher Warner Bros. has revealed that Batman: Arkham Knight’s will feature a new gameplay mode, called Dual Play, which lets players “seamlessly switch between The Dark Knight and his allies including Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman in freeflow combat.” This sounds similar to how Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V allows players to freely switch between the game’s three main characters.
Azrael is also shown in the new trailer.
Arkham Knight will be the first title in the series given an M rating in North America–roughly the equivalent of an 18 certificate in the UK–which suggests a darker tone for Batman’s showdown with his time-worn foes.
In a recent interview, Rocksteady founder and Arkham Knight game director Sefton Hillspoke of the challenges in creating some of the darker content. He said that publisher Warner Bros did a ratings analysis on the game and concluded that certain scenes would be likely to cause “issues.” Hill received an email informing him that these scenes–which remain a mystery–might need to be cut.
Losing these scenes, which are reportedly central to the game, could have “destroyed” the project, Hill said. However, the developer later spoke with a DC Comics executive who agreed to allow the scenes to stay, though it’s unclear if they were altered in any way.
“We’re not including gratuitous blood or swearing,” Hill added.
“We want to deliver a true end with no compromises, and it takes us to some dark places.”
Publisher Warner Bros’ latest fighting game, Mortal Kombat X, has retained its position atop the UK all-format chart.The game, developed by Chicago studio NetherRealm, set a new sales record last week when it debuted at the top. According to UK sales m…
Update: Silent Hills has been cancelled, Konami has officially confirmed.Original story follows:Amid mounting speculation that the Silent Hills project may have been cancelled, Konami has issued a statement that suggests the game is, at the very least,…
The games industry’s growing trend of selling premium DLC has been described as a widespread “scam” by a key developer of Nintendo games.Masahiro Sakurai, who has directed all entries in the Super Smash Bros series, wrote in his latest Famitsu column t…
Since February 25, customers have published bug reports and queries on both the Capcom and PlayStation support forums, detailing a bug that is preventing them from playing DLC that had already been purchased via the PlayStation Store.
Specifically, the issue is that pre-ordered versions of Resident Evil Revelations 2 were bundled with special maps for Raid Mode, partly as an incentive to buy the game in advance. For some users, however, these maps remain inaccessible.
Sony sometimes allows players to pre-install games on the PlayStation 4 before their official release date, thereby eliminating download wait times once a game is available to play. But in order to prevent people from playing games early, pre-installed content is “locked” until release day.
It appears that the issue with Resident Evil Revelations 2, however, is that the map packs have no unlock date, leaving them in limbo.
In late March, when the issue dragged into its fifth week, a Sony representative wrote on the support forums that “our store team is aware of the issue. Thanks for the reports.”
Apparently in a bid to notify users that a solution was being worked on, the forum thread was marked as “resolved.” Now, two months since the issue was first reported, no fix has been deployed.
Games publication Kotaku, which brought the issue to wider attention with a report on the problems, explains how the DLC bug can also break the full game.
“The really, really scary thing here is that because of the map pack being busted, no one can restore their game licenses on their PSN accounts,” one reader told the publication. “It causes an error.”
It appears that the issue, of erroneous content blocks to pre-purchased content, has also affected other PlayStation 4 games such as Dying Light.
Both Sony and Capcom said they are still working on a fix.
Electronic Arts has revealed further details of an upcoming patch that will soon be deployed across the PC and console versions of Battlefield Hardline.
Developer Visceral, writing on the Battlefield community blog, has listed what it considers are the top five changes that the update will deliver. Among the list is a fix to its Punkbuster anti-cheat system, which some PC players had discovered was causing a spike in CPU usage.
Though the update was first announced in late March, a release date remains unknown. “We’re still working hard every day to improve the gameplay experience to make Battlefield Hardline even more fun,” said Visceral’s multiplayer game designer Thaddeus Sasser.
Sasser’s list, of what he considers to be the best five changes coming with the patch, can be found below.
- Punkbuster fixes: We’re addressing some of the heavy CPU usage seen by players
- Nvidia DirectX driver fixes: We’re working with our partners at Nvidia to create new drivers to prevent the most common crash issues
- Extended Conquest time: We’ve extended the length of Conquest matches by increasing the number of tickets on both Large and Small
- Fixed TDM spawns: We’ve adjusted spawn points and the spawn system for better TDM spawning
- Multiple weapon balance tweaks: We’ve addressed some common complaints with the weapon balance, there will be more coming soon
Meanwhile, Visceral is also preparing to introduce a “rent-a-server” program to all console versions, which will allow players to customize their multiplayer matches as well as invite friends to play.
Found below is a detailed list of changes that the patch will deliver:
- Fixed a server crash in Rescue
- Increased the character limit in the MapList to support up to 150 maps in a rotation
- You can now set the time limit to 0 and it disables the time limit instead of instantly ending the round in Blood Money
- Various fixes for server crashes with rental servers (multiple issues addressed)
- Fix for the timer in Conquest freezing when the user set the time limit higher than 800
- Fix for MP squad join issue where after the squad leader gets disconnected, a new leader cannot kick members or disband
- Fix for the patch awarded in released game for reaching Rank 10 in the Beta
- Fix for Derailed Levolution where players were teleported to origin of Point B and killed in some circumstances
- Fix for crash if the UI is disabled in the .cfg file
- Fix for Bloodmoney exploit in HH where players could access the money pile through the floor/roof
- Fix on XB1 for players using invite/join on friend after Quickmatching
- Fix for the Uzi’s weapon license cost, setting it to the correct value of $50,000
- Fix for X360 players being unable to invite friends while playing Rescue
- Fix for a rare crash in the Customize screen
- All platforms, miscellaneous low frequency crash fixes
- Conquest tickets increased (CQL 999, CQS 600)
- Greatly decreased nearby bullet impact flinch; your aimpoint will not shift from rounds striking the environment near you
- Fixed some issues with FLIR/IRNV
- RPG reduced to 1 ammo from back of cars, with smaller explosion radius overall thus requiring more skill to use effectively
- TDM friendzones have been adjusted for better spawning
- Rescue / Crosshair exploit where players could skip the round start time by hitting START or ESC has been fixed
- Couch health reduced and repair rate decreased to a miniscule amount, making the Couch the one-off it was intended
- Player should no longer Quickmatch into servers with unsupported numbers of players
- K10: Reduce max damage to 33 and min damage to 8
- Saiga and PTR: reduce recoil to bring more in line with Cop faction DMRs
- HCAR and HK51: reduce recoil to bring more in line with SCAR-H and SA-58
- .410 Jury: Increase damage per pellet to become more effective
- FMG-9: increase damage per round to 25 and push out falloff start range to make these weapons more effective
- Battlerifle min damage increased to 25 across the board
- AKM min damage reduced to 24
In January, Square Enix confirmed that it is preparing to reveal details of its new Hitman project this year.Publisher Square Enix is joining the likes of Bethesda, Ubisoft, and EA, by hosting its own dedicated press conference at E3.The media briefing…