A new update to the PlayStation 4 exclusive Bloodborne has significantly reduced loading times, with the wait between deaths now cut by as much as 15 seconds.
Previously, waiting times in areas such as Central Yharnam lasted between 40-45 seconds, which has proven to be a patience-testing number given the frequency of deaths that players were subjected to. From Software, the Tokyo based studio responsible for the game, announced in March that it was “exploring” possibilities to expedite wait times, the result of which is this new patch that reduces loading screen durations by 5-15 seconds.
The 1.03 update, which has begun to roll out across North America, Japan, and Europe, weighs 2.7GB and brings a number of other improvements and tweaks.
Among the new changes is the implementation of text pages displayed during loading screens. Whereas before loading screens used a basic image of the Bloodborne logo, now they cycle through various descriptions of items that players encounter throughout the game.
Bloodborne’s patch notes can be found below:
- Reduced loading times (approx 5-15 seconds; May vary by circumstance)
- Fixed bug that left certain lifts and elevators inoperable
- Fixed bug that resulted in bosses becoming immobilized
- Fixed bug that left players unable to advance NPC events during multiplayer
- When the PS4 is put into Rest Mode during online play, the game will now return to the main title screen upon resuming play. This will resolve matchmaking issues related to Suspend/Resume.
- Other various bug fixes